It can be hard to keep up with all the new fads in the wellness world. Some come and go, but one powerful treatment that is here to stay is NAD+ IV drip therapy. This emerging nutrient drip therapy is a holistic, all-natural solution for those suffering from chronic disease and age-related health issues, and can boost overall wellness in healthy individuals.
What is NAD+ IV therapy?
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is one of the most essential molecules in your body. In fact, you’ll find it in every single cell working in more chemical reactions than any other vitamin-derived molecule. When the molecule has oxidized and becomes inactive, it is known as NADH, but in its active form, it is known as NAD+. NAD+ is a coenzyme of the Vitamin B3 that activates reactions after binding to protein molecules.
As we age, NAD+ levels naturally decrease within our body. Habits such as overeating and excessive alcohol consumption can also lead to a decline in NAD+. Unfortunately, low levels of NAD+ have been linked to health issues like premature skin aging, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, heart disease, and vision loss.
NAD+ IV therapy is a treatment that seeks to replenish the levels of this vital molecule in your body with a solution administered through an IV drip.
How does NAD+ IV therapy work?
When a person ingests a medication or vitamin orally, some of the active ingredients and nutrients don’t make it to where they are needed most and are lost to the digestive system. When taken intravenously, infusions of NAD+ bypass the digestive system altogether and are delivered directly to your body’s cells for better absorption. This allows you to feel the effects quicker and jumpstarts your body’s healing.
What are the benefits of NAD+ IV therapy?
- Maximize brain function. Cognitive decline is one of the most common effects of aging. Neurodegeneration, or the loss of neuron function and structure, causes our mind to work slower and our memories to become fuzzy. NAD+ IV serves as a brain restoration that increases neuron function, protects cells from toxins and damage, and promotes the process of mitochondrial biogenesis. This translates to increased mental clarity, improved concentration, sharpened memory, and a healthy mood boost.
- Cell regeneration. Increasing the levels of NAD+ throughout your body allows it to better heal itself from injury. Research shows that ATP and NAD+ may alert the body’s natural immune response when the cell is under stress or where inflammation is present. In addition to this, NAD+ is crucial to the activation of poly ADP-ribose polymerases (PARPs), which repair damaged DNA.
- Beat fatigue. Chronic fatigue can be a debilitating condition, and experts aren’t exactly clear on the root cause of the problem. Oftentimes, doctors prescribe a combination of sleep medication and antidepressants, which may not actually improve chronic fatigue. IV NAD+ therapy works by supplying energy that is needed on the cellular level in order to heal.
- Slow Aging. Enzymes known as sirtuins play a major role in the body’s aging process through DNA protection and inflammation regulation. Sirtuins are dependent on NAD+ to stop and start the protective pathways that have links to the pathologies of age-related diseases. This means that sirtuins and NAD+ are able to turn certain genes off, almost like a light switch, that promote aging, fat storage, and blood sugar management issues.
Who should do NAD+ IV therapy?
NAD+ therapy has benefits for everyone. As you read in the list above, it can be a helpful treatment for those feeling sluggish or always seem to be trapped in a fog. People experiencing low energy and slow metabolism are excellent candidates for therapy. But NAD+ can also be used by those looking for overall performance enhancing benefits in athletic training and exercise. Research has shown that intense exercises decrease NAD+ levels, but when that level is replenished, individuals experienced better performance and greater endurance.
Those who suffer from chronic conditions may also find relief and the lessening of symptoms with NAD+ therapy. Conditions that may benefit from the therapy include:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
Research is also being conducted on NAD+ IV as a form of addiction therapy, and studies are showing promising results. Just to clarify, the therapy is not a cure for any form of addiction, but it can aid in healing the brain on the cellular level, giving individuals a better chance at long term recovery. Experts have also noted the ability of NAD+ to reduce cravings and minimize withdrawal symptoms.
Interested in unlocking your body’s full potential with NAD+ IV drip therapy? Contact Restore today for more information about the treatment!